Third-party mechanical processing refers to the situation in which a company entrusts a precision workshop with the processing stages of a product or the entire manufacturing cycle of a product.
Although this practice - also known as outsourcing - has always existed, it has undergone a strong acceleration in recent years, favored by the Italian business fabric. Italy, in fact, has a very high number of small and medium-sized companies that, not being able to have the necessary tools and skills to create products for precision mechanics in-house, leave the task to external companies.
In fact, the reasons that push a company to outsource precision machining are not only due to the lack of internal resources such as know-how and adequate technologies, but rather linked to the desire to place fundamental processes in the hands of competitive and reliable companies.
In this article we will see all the advantages guaranteed by a choice of this type, after a brief premise on what are the most requested types of third-party mechanical machining.
What are the Most Requested Types of Third-Party Machining?
There are many requests of different types that can come to a precision mechanical workshop. And consequently also the processes that they can offer.
Usually, in fact, they resort to precision machining on behalf of third companies from multiple sectors, with special needs and requests.
Among the most popular are those offered by Bonanomi, which with a long experience in the field is recognized as the perfect partner for:
- Third-party mechanical machining of milling: for chip removal
- Third-party precision machining of grinding: so as to bring each requested product in the optimal state
- Third-party machining of mechanical engraving: using mechanical pantographs
- Third-party mechanical machining of mechanical drilling: the chip is removed through holes of different diameters and depths
- Third-party precision machining of boring: fundamental to correct the axiality and diameter of the holes made
For each of them, the mechanical company has the appropriate machine park as well as specialized personnel who supervise the processes and carry out the required checks so that each step complies with what is reported in the executive drawings.
The Benefits of Third-Party Mechanical Machining
The first great benefit of third-party precision machining is the strategic partnerships that are established. The initial premise is the construction of a relationship of trust and collaboration that allows the outsourcer and the client company to identify the best ways to achieve the set objective.
Other tangible benefits are:
- Increased efficiency: it’s possible to choose the precision workshop to rely on, selecting, depending on the needs, those able to ensure the highest quality standards
- More resources and time available for the fundamental activities of the business: outsourcing allows you to minimize fixed costs and allocate available resources to improve the distinctive activities and skills of the company
- Savings on the necessary technologies and infrastructures: when certain phases of precision machining are entrusted to third parties, the client company is exempted from the purchase of the necessary means to realize the product
- Speed of service: one of the most important advantages generated by outsourcing is the guaranteed speed of service especially when the company has computerized numerical control instruments
- Greater flexibility and optimization of risk management: with outsourcing, it is the precision mechanical workshop that assumes the risk of the process and responsibility for the results actually achieved
- Guarantee of the result: the last, but essential, benefit concerns the quality of the result
Bonanomi & Third-Party Mechanical Machining
The Bonanomi precision mechanical workshop offers the service of third-party mechanical machining to small and large companies on metal materials, such as G25 cast iron, aluminum, brass copper and more. In this way, it manages to serve the most varied sectors of application.
For 73 years, it has been chosen by machine tool manufacturers for the punctuality in timing and the high quality standards achieved. Thanks to the synergy between the production, testing and technical department and to a technologically advanced machine park, Bonanomi is able to identify the most suitable raw materials and to realize the client's project.